Job Title: Registered Dental Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Exemption Status: non-exempt
Working Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Education Level: Approved Registered Dental Assistant License
Description: Responsible for assisting the dentist in the clinical treatment of patients. The Registered Dental Assistant performs a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties. Assistants hand instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients' mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
- Graduate from a Board-approved RDA educational program.
- Complete at least 15 months (1280 hours) of satisfactory work experience as a dental assistant with a dentist licensed in one of the states in the United States; or
- Complete a California Department of Education-approved- 4 month educational program and 11 months of work experience with a dentist(s) licensed in one of the states of the United States.
- Complete board-approved courses in coronal polishing and radiation safety.
- Complete and show proof of completion of a Board-approved course in the Dental Practice Act completed within five (5) years of application.
- Complete and show proof of completion of an eight (8) hour Board approved course in infection control competed within five (5) years of application.
- Complete and show proof of completion of a basic life support course offered by an instructor approved by the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
- Submit fingerprint clearances from both the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).
- Knowledge of dental terminology.
- Understand and comply with policies and procedures associated with a dental practice.
- Understand and comply with HIPPA.
- Understand and comply with the HI-TECH Act of 2009.